In the framework of the launch of the activities of the Project of Support and promotion of the local innovations for the Development of Benin (PAPIPDeB), the Centre of Action for Food Security and Sustainable Development (CASAD) has conducted on January 23, 2016 at Glazoué the launch of a multi-player platform for the promotion of local innovations in ecological agriculture and natural resource management.
This platform consists of Eight (08) non-Governmental Organizations, four (04) Professional Agricultural Organizations, agricultural consultants and academics (the Faculty of agronomic Sciences University of Abomey Calavi). The platform's mission is to defend family agriculture and its professionalization in accordance with regional and sub-regional policies. This platform has set itself five objectives:
- Promote local innovation in ecological agriculture and natural resource management in Benin;
- Work towards the development and implementation of national policies and programmes on agricultural development adapted to Benin local innovations;
- Contribute to the strengthening of institutional and organizational capacity and the management of its members.
- Promote and defend the values of efficient and sustainable peasant agriculture at the service of family farms and agricultural producers;
- Promote consultation and cooperation between the different actors.
At the end of the discussion, the platform is structured in 5 parts (Works packages), and five main axes were identified:
WP1-Mobilization of the actors ;
WP2-information System and communication ;
WP4-plea for the coherence of policy frameworks ;
WP5 - Coordination and management.
- Main Axes
Mastery of the water ;
Mechanization of agriculture ;
The seed of qualities, and the markets flow ;
Access to financing ;
To join or learn more about the platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org